Cottages, Camps & Cabins
Up here in the U.P. everything’s a "camp" whether it's a 100 year old trapper's cabin in the woods or a 5,000 square foot log home on a lake. If it's out in the woods or on the water away from the city it's a "camp".
One of the owners here at Hiawatha Log Homes had the brilliant idea that if we could design and package some of our most basic, yet innovative homes and price them affordably, people would buy them. Kind of a "If we build it, they will come" philosophy. We were right. People love the concept of packaging and value pricing. With packages starting at $26,000, we’ve made it easy to imagine your place in the sun, woods, river or farm.
Here are five of our most popular Cottage Series package floorplan downloads:
- Chippewa Cottage 384 sq.ft - 16'x24'
- Independence Cottage 640 sq.ft - 32'x20'
- Woodsman Cottage 640 sq.ft - 32'x20'
- Brockway Cottage 768 sq.ft - 32'x24'
- Buckroe Cottage 1034 sq.ft - 32'x24'
Cottage Series Dry Shell Package includes:
- 2 X10 floor joist (16" O.C.)
- ¾" T&G O.S.B. Subfloor
- 2X4 and 2X6 interior partition wall framing and plates
- 2X8 pine bucks for all window and door openings
- Insulated glass windows and patio doors
- 8" diameter wall log system
- 8" diameter structural log rafters and ridge beams
- 8" diameter log collar tie or tie beams (per floor plan)
- 8" diameter covered porch rafter, headers & trusses
- 2 X 8 T&G pine decking for all roofs and second floor decking
- R-49 foam with 2X10 sleepers for the insulated portions of the roof
- 1/2" OSB with 30# roofing felt over the 2X10 sleepers
- "D" edge
- 35-year rated asphalt shingles
- 2X10 pine sub-fascia
- 1X6 cedar exterior window trim
- 1X6 and 1X12 cedar for rim joist trim
- 2" continuous soffit venting
- 1X8 and 1X12 cedar fascia
- Steel entry door